The Groundwork Cheshire Lancashire & Merseyside BID Team provides a comprehensive management service for Warrington BID, and we are the first point of contact for any issues, problems or queries that you may have. If there is anything at all that you need advice on, have a problem with, or need directing to a specific contact to rectify an issue, then please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
If there are any ideas for improvement, or something you would like to see implemented within the town centre, please let us know. There are regular forums, consultations and opportunities to raise your concerns in discussion groups or direct with the BID manager.
We conduct regular customer satisfaction visits and surveys, so there are plenty of opportunities to provide us with feedback.
The Warrington BID Executive Board’s role is to represent the business community in the Warrington town centre BID area and making certain the BID performs its role effectively and fairly.
Present Board Members
(BID2 Year 1: August 2023 – July 2024):
- Dave McNicholl- Chair of BID Board and Chief Executive, Warrington Youth Zone
- Ian Cox – Deputy Chair of the BID Board and Centre Director, Golden Square
- Michael Butler –Vandal
- Andrew Hibbert – Real5 Network
- Carla Yearsley – Lloyds Banking Group
- Lynne Bennett – The Gateway
- Cllr Tom Jennings – Warrington Borough Council
- Sonia Johnson- Mamars Bakery
- Chris Persoglio- Culture Warrington
- Chris Hatherall- UTC Warrington
- Chris Rudd- Chris Rudd Solicitors
- Dawn McElroy- Primark
- Jade Foulkes- Knight Frank
- Jess Bowman – JD Wetherspoon
Eleanor Blackburn (Warrington & Co)
Inspector Lee Hillyard – Cheshire Constabulary
Purpose / role of the Board:
- The Board is responsible for guiding and directing the accountable body in the delivery of the Business Improvement District 5 year business plan
- The Business Improvement District is governed and directed by a Board of eligible businesses and organisations from across the Business Improvement District area. The principle purpose of the board is to provide strategic direction for the delivery of the BID and support the on going transformation of Warrington town centre
- The board is made up of a minimum of 9 voting members from BID levy payers in Warrington town centre and 1 voting representative from Warrington Borough Council. Warrington Borough Council and Cheshire Police will be offered separate advisory roles.
- The board will include representation from the key sectors including retail, hospitality / night time economy, professional, leisure & culture, 3rd sector and other business services
- The Board will also include representation from a range of business types and sizes, including smaller independent businesses and businesses that are part of larger groups.
- From time to time the board may invite representatives from other public or private sector organisations to support them in their aims and objectives in delivering the Business Improvement District Business plan.
- Any eligible business/organisation will be able to put a representative forward for appointment onto the Board, which will be elected through an annual meeting of members of the Business Improvement District. An eligible business/organisation is any occupier of a hereditament that is liable for and is up to date with payments / payment schedules for their BID levy (s).
- The BID Board will meet a Bi-Monthly, and monthly where required.
- Meetings will be organised by the accountable body.
- The accountable body will provide secretariat support at all meetings.